Student Health Services
Some of the services provided by Student Health Services are:
- Vision and hearing
- Immunizations verification
- Health and developmental assessments and evaluations of pupils to identify specific physical disorders and other factors relating to the learning process
- Communication with primary care providers
- Individual Health care plan design and implementation, incorporating plans directed by a physician, to meet the needs of the student
- Interpretation of medical and nursing findings appropriate to the student’s individual education plan and recommendations to personnel directly involved
- In-service training resource person to teachers, administrators, and staff
- Student and parent counseling regarding health related attendance problems
- Assistance to parents, pupils, and school staff to understand and adjust to physical, mental and social limitations
- Provides age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate care in a culturally and ethically sensitive manner.
- Participates in or initiate strategies that promote an emotionally and physically healthy school culture.
- Functions as a liaison between the family, school and community.